As a busy mom of a super active toddler, I’m always on the lookout for educational toys that will keep my son busy and help boost his self-confidence and self-esteem. I believe the best toys are those that inspire imagination and can be used in a variety of ways.
Here are ten must-have toys for your toddler’s toy box that will help develop cognitive skills, problem solving skills, fine motor development skills, hand and eye coordination, social skills, and imagination skills.
1. Puzzles will help your child develop their thinking and motor skills.
Toddler Jigsaw Puzzles
Wooden Puzzles for Toddlers
2. Building blocks for toddlers will help develop hand-eye coordination and imagination skills.
3. Magnetic toys for toddlers will encourage creative thinking and teach them to solve complex problems.
4. Painting for toddlers encourages creative self-expression and provides hours of tactile experimenting and artistic fun.
5. Lego Duplo helps your child develop coordination, communication and confidence through constructive play.
6. Play-Doh for toddlers is perfect to develop their small muscles in fingers and hands while poking, rolling and squishing.
7. Toddler busy boards and activity boards provide hands-on way to develop both physical and cognitive skills.
8. Toddler drawing board is perfect to help your child exercise and express their imagination.